A complete list of all JFA Projects.
Details on any of these projects are available on request. Please get in touch with any questions using the details on our Contact page.
- Geriatric Carer Scheme - Ongoing - Jan 2010 to date.
- Funds: 99.9% funding from JFA Steering Committee Member contributions. Donations invited.
- Description: The demand for skilled carers for the elderly is increasing in Assam and there is hardly any local supply. The JFA is short-listing candidates willing to do a Carers’ diploma course, to be conducted under the supervision of Dr Deepali Kayal-Mahanta. Other than training to serve the regular needs of elderly dependent persons, including their health and dietary needs, the young women would also be trained in human relationship skills and a coping mechanism under different difficult situations.
- Notes: The end time-line of this may be reviewed for further possible extension or a subsequent phase launched.
- Seminar: India’s Export-Import Laws - Completed - Jun 2009
- Funds: N/A. JFA Volunteer Effort.
- Description: Biraj Bora, an experienced trader from the UK, conducted a seminar on India’s Export-Import laws for enthusiastic local entrepreneurs in Guwahati, on behalf of the JFA.
- Notes: This effort was undertaken in order to gauge the entrepreneurial appetite among western Assam’s rural artisans.
- 30th October – Completed – Oct 2008 to Jan 2010
- Funds: Donations £ 4276 + Gift Aid £ 827.54, totalling £ 5103.54
- Description: The JFA ran a funds campaign for nearly a year then applied the money raised in aiding families of some of the worst struck victims. The funds were spent to cover rents, educational expenses, vocational courses and low-risk financial investments.
- Notes: The JFA’s very first project.